In John McCain, we saw:
- An experienced and dedicated leader.
- A candidate focused on cutting runaway spending in Washington and wasteful pork-barrel projects.
- A future president intent on bringing common sense solutions to our nationâ€™s energy problems.
In Barack Obama, we saw a candidate that:
- Sat idly by while our nation faced the greatest financial crises of our generation. Washington Times 9/20/03
- Will increase government spending by $1 Trillion in new spending programs in his first 4 years in office
- And is badly out of touch on crucial foreign policy issues such as Iraq, Pakistan and the Russian invasion of Georgia
Patrick Murphy has supported Barack Obama from day one. He has come up empty on solving our nationâ€™s skyrocketing energy prices, supported dozens of pork barrel earmarks â€“ and refused to disclose the specific projects and special interests for which he requested earmarks and continues to call for a dangerous and misguided withdrawal of our troops from Iraq.
If you give me the opportunity to represent you in Washington, DC, I promise to follow John McCainâ€™s leadership to:
- Cut wasteful government spending and eliminate crippling taxes on Americaâ€™s middle class.
- Reform a system that allows corrupt politicians and special interests to benefit from earmarks
- Open domestic sources of energy to provide desperately needed relief at the gas pumps.
- To put people before politics and reform our government, bring prosperity back to our nation and bring peace around the world.